Monday, November 26, 2007

Ultimate Surprise


It has been super busy around here lately and I have neglected my blog...but I'm back!! We celebrated Alexandra’s birthday last weekend and she got the surprise of her life!!! We had secretly arranged for her big sister Mykee to fly in from Arizona. Mykee saved up some of her hard earned money for the flight to Utah with a little help from us. Alex had no idea that she would be coming. Carter picked Mykee up at the airport last Friday night. I had pre-wrapped a box (thanks to Susie for the box)that she could just climb into once she got to the house. When she arrived at the house, she hopped in the box, we taped it shut and then Carter went to get Alex to tell her she had a special present she could open a few days before her birthday. She was loving how big the box was...I am sure she was thinking that this was going to be an awesome present. When she opened up the big box and Mykee climbed out….. she was completely speechless!!!! I thought for sure she would scream, but I think she was trying to comprehend how Mykee got here and was in the box. Too funny!!! We had a great weekend celebrating her birthday…I was hoping to post the video of her opening the box but everytime I try it doesn't work. If I can get it to work I will post it later. :) It was the best!!! When asked what her favorite present was she replied without hesitation "MYKEE!". Mykee is back home now but she was able to spend an entire week with us. We miss her and can't wait until she and Bryton come over the Christmas break.

1 comment:

The Dobrons said...

So Fun! What a cute idea! And how sweet of Mykee to save her money to visit-I love it.