Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Beachhouse Vacation Day 1 & 2

We made our annual trip to San Diego last week to meet up with Carter's family for the week. I am going to attempt to break the trip down by day so I am not overwhelmed by a huge long post. As usual, we left a couple days early to make some stops along the way......
First up ........Vegas
Of course the kids wanted to visit M&M World so we went right when it opened and avoided all the garbage that is passed around and the crowds. phew.


We can't leave w/out making a stop to my favorite store...


We took the escalator up to what is left of Coca-Coca World (they are currently remodeling) and I hear Carter from the top whispering my name "Sandra, Sandra, Sandra". I look up and there stands Brad Garret from Everybody loves Raymond. I nod to acknowledge it and then we both pretend we have no idea who he is, though my first instinct was to ask for a picture. Carter probably would have died of embarassement so I didn't and instead took this pic from afar when he turned his back...totally lame I know. Oh well, what's a girl to do?? I didn't want to intrude. I must say it added to the excitement of the day.


As you can tell from Syd's face...we had a great time!

Next Stop.....the Dixon's!

Our friends the Dixon's live just outside San Diego. We love to spend a night w/ the Dixon's every year and they are so kind to host us. Shannon is one of my best friends and is one of the kindest people I know. Our kids have such a great time, so much so that they are already asking when we can go back.
I am realizing that I just took pics of the all the girls (sorry Drew & baby Gavin)...notice Carter in the background..he hid behind that door and popped out just in time to get in the pic. :)


Thank you Dixon's for sharing your home w/ us! We love you guys!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Holy crap! When you said you were busy, you weren't lying! Non-stop action around in the Lee world. And nice job on the Brad Garrett. I would've done the same thing... or maybe I would've lamed it up a bit and asked for a pic. Altho, I'm still a little skiddish from when I saw Bruce Willis and asked him for a picture. Let's just say he was not a fan of the idea. Apparently a pic with me is not the once in a lifetime experience that he was looking for. Figures.

Karen said...

Oh my favorite vacation spot..San Diego! So glad you had such a fun time. Runnings going great...yeah Im doing the Big Cat Challenge in Huntington Beach right after Christmas. Its a little hard training with a baby, but usually I can do it alone, but sometimes I have to tote him along ;)
When are you in AZ next?