Sunday, June 24, 2007

I WON!


I ran the Herriman Step Rock 5K Run at 7am on Saturday morning. I was way tired from staying up until 1 AM and being at Lagoon the night before but I managed to take 1st place in my age group and 4th place overall the women!!! I was awarded a gold medal. Now please note... I wasn't in it to win it....I was doing it just for fun and to run w/ my friends Heidi and Lori...so winning was an added bonus!! I used to run alot of 5/10K races in my early 20's and the last one I did was in 2002. So it has been fun to get back into it! Only 4 more weeks until the Speedy Spainard 10K Race....I will be running w/ some of my friends from high school so it should be fun!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

What the????? Why didn't you tell me you were doing this?

You Amaze me!!! Congrats on the GOLD:)

~Chelsea

jessicalangprice said...

That's awesome! I didn't know you were a runner...I'll have to run with you when we move back... except you'll be too fast to keep up with. Way to go!

Rasheta Family said...

Awesome Sandra! I remember calling you Jane Fonda when we lived to gether. I am glad you are keeping up with it. When this pregnancy is over I want to get ready for a run like that, then a triathlon! Maybe next year there will be on ein Utah I could come for and do together. I loved reading the rest of your blog. What a great family you have.