I had a cute shelf sitting in her closet until I decided where it needed to be hung. Needless to say, it is still stored in her closet. A few months after this incident, my brother pointed out this
I gave this to her for her birthday, it came w/ a necklace inside and was to sit on her desk. This is what I see the day after I gave it to her..
She tried to clean it after I talked to her about not writing on objects, that is why it is smeared. A few weeks later, I was helping Syd make her bed. She has a surfer girl quilt w/ all kinds of colors and scenes on it so it took me a minute to see the name Sydney written in florescent orange gel pen in the very center of the quilt. I called her in and she admitted to writing it because Syd needed her name on her bed. I meant to take a picture but forgot to before I went into a frenzy trying to get it out. Luckily it came out clean. phew.
I called Carter to tell him what she had been doing and that night we sat down w/ her and had a good talk about what we can and cannot write on. We thought she understood, until I found this.
As I called for her to come to me I realize that she has a gigantic K written on her neck and her friend Zach has a big Z on his hand. She explained to me that they needed to wear the letters their names started with. AAAHHHHH! I put her in time out and then Carter and I sat down w/ her that night and told her she would be punished and we were taking away a favorite toy until she could earn it back. Apparently this did not seem to affect her the way we were hoping because I a few days later I found this..
This one is harder to see but it says "Kenneby" and is written on top of the toliet. Yep, the toliet. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Seriously I can't take anymore. We have banned everything but pencil and it doesn't seem to phase her. I need some ideas! Last, but not least yesterday Syd and Kennedy were playing a game. I couldn't tell what it was so I asked what they were playing. Kennedy replied " A game I made up mom, it is so fun!" . I told her that I would love to play w/ them. As I got closer I realize what the game pieces were....
SMARTIES, and you guessed it...she wrote on every single piece. I just had to laugh and throw my hands up in the air..I give up! What next??? One thing is certain, she seems a little possesive of her property and feels she needs to mark everything w/ at least one "K". :)
10 comments:
Probably not so funny to you right now, but I am laughing. Hannah went through a writing phase and marked EVERY toy in the toy room with permanent marker, and drew all over my sisters big wall that we had to pull out the paint to clean it up. It's frustrating, but nice to know I'm not alone. Good luck!
sandra- that is the funniest- smarties- my kids all do the same thing- all their quilts have their names written all over- logan even wrote his name on the leather on my arm rest in the car- nice huh?
It must be the age- logan just turned 5 too!
see ya
Oh my gosh Sandra, that is hilarious! But probably not to you sorry :) My turn will come I'm sure. The Smarties are the funniest one ha ha. Good luck,
How funny. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser takes stuff off walls and doors really well. Our kids love writing on themselves so we did a FHE about our bodies being temples. The next day I hear "Mom, Carter is writing on his temple!" Kids!
Great, I was hoping Colbys writing fettish would stop soon, apparently not, he is only 3. I just found marker all over my piano, today in fact. You let me know what you figure out, I've got nothing for you at the moment, sorry.
Sandra I am soo sorry. That is so annoying to find all those things written on. You are seriously going to have to hide all of your markers, pens, pencils. I will say that the smarties are the best. I would of had to laugh too.
I have nothing of substance to add to your problem, but I did want you to know that I literally laughed through that whole thing. Good luck, and when you figure out a solution, please pass it on to me. A mommy in the rookie season.
Halarious, by the way, I remember seeing those innitials on the guest room door last time I was there. I have a great idea, lets by those two some label makers! Then at least you could peel it off later. My older brother Brent has the same problem. His name or innitial are on everything he owns. My sister said that one time she left something at his house, and when she saw it again my brother had his innitials on it. Who knows!?!
hey mom it's mykee....that is so halarious but sad! when i come up there i am hideing my stuff really good...next thing you know, she is gonna be writting on you while you are sleeping...haha well anyway i miss you and love you. talk to you soon. tell everyone i said hi! thanks.
This is hiarious! I've got to show Cameron. Hey, I hope me and Chelsea can come visit you this summer!
Post a Comment