
What a great day it is to celebrate the mom's we are and the mom's we love. I find as each year passes this day becomes one of my very favorites!! I had the best Mothers Day weekend ever! It started on Friday I went with Susie, Kris and Rebecca up to Salt Lake to shop, eat, and see a movie. Then we stayed over night at the Hilton so we could get up early and run Race for the Cure at the Gateway on Saturday morning. We had so much fun together, laughing and chatting until 2am!! I has been decided this will be an annual tradition. The race is for such good cause and it always makes me a little teary-eyed reading all the names people are running in honor of or celebrating. I was celebrating/running for Grandma Pearl and Aunt Rose and Rebecca was running for her Aunt Nancy. There were over 17,000 people there to run the race...we had a great time doing it!
(Leaving the hotel to head out for the race)
(Susie, Kris, Rebecca, and Me all excited for the race to begin!)
(All of the people behind us)
(All of the people ahead of us!!)
After the race I headed up to Syracuse to attend the girls dance competition that was almost over by the time I got there. Carter had to get all the girls up to Syracuse by 8:15am....hair, make-up, costumes and all by himself. :) However, I recruited my sister to do the hair and makeup that morning because I didn't trust Carter's ability. (ha, love ya babe!) After the competition ended we headed home just in time to go w/ Marni & Landon to dinner and a movie. We saw IronMan which was an entertaining movie, overall it was a super fun day but I was sooo tired from staying up until 2am and getting up early...needless to say I was ready for bed as soon as we got home from our date.

Then of course on Sunday it was a relaxing day full of surprises and sweet cards. I felt very spoiled and loved every minute of it. :)

The surprises kept coming as this was delivered to my door on Monday morning. They were so fragrant and beautiful!! Thanks again Michelle for sending them and for sharing two of the most wonderful kids with me!
6 comments:
Looks like soo much fun! I wish I could have been there for the race and 2 am chats! Maybe next year!
what a fun weekend. my sisters in law did that race too and said it was really neat. i love your girls dance costumes!
That looks like so much fun, hanging out with the girls. It is fun to see the pictures of all of you. Even though we are getting older, it doesn't seem like anyone has changed that much. YAY! That is great that you guys ran in that race. What a great cause. Your girls are so beautiful. I am impressed that your husband got them to a dance competition. What a guy!!
Sounds like a fun & busy weekend! You are a very lucky wife & mother! I heard that doing that race is a very emotional experience. I think I'll try & do it next year! The girls do look adorable!
Sandra I will be there frome June 7-14 so pick a day and email me abjohnson94@hotmail.com and I will schedule it in. Yeah the urbanesque idea would be awesome. I love taking pictures for you because you always like to do cool things!!
Awesome. You have a great life and I love seeing how you enjoy it. You have a light in you that is contagious.
Be ready for the next race in aug. Can't wait to see you there! I had nightmares about it last night.
Anissa
Post a Comment