Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I can't believe...

I have a nine year old! Today is Alexandra's big day! The day she has been counting down to..30 days..15days..10days..5days..2days..and now it is here!! In honor of her special day here are nine things I love about her.

~She is very kind and tender-hearted. She wants everyone to be happy.

~ She is the best big sister! She is very nuturing and loves to play with and read to her sisters.

~ She is smart and has excelled at everything she puts her mind to.

~ She is very obedient and respectful.

~ She is outgoing and makes friends easily.

~ She knows just what to say to make your day. She is always very complimentary, whether it be your hair, earring, necklace, purse, etc. She's not afraid to tell people how great they are.

~ She is a great performer.
~ She loves to give hugs.

~ She has an earnest desire to make right choices and to be an example to others.

I wonder sometimes what did I ever do to deserve her? I love her so much and am so proud to be her mom. She makes my heart melt. Love you Alex, I hope your day is as fabulous as you are!






11 comments:

Steve said...

Holy cow! I can't believe I have a 9 year old niece! Happy Birthday Alex from Jonah, Lydia, Aunt Mandy, and Uncle Steve!

Diana said...

She is everything you said.... that is for sure. My favorite things about her are first and foremost....her name and the fact that she is such a credit to it. If my Alexandra turns out to be the whole package as yours is, I count myself lucky. I also love as a child she is already geared to be a great frugal shopper and in my opinion has coined the phrase "2 bucks". Also, the fact that she appreciated and could find any cafe rio along the wasatch front before she could read is definitely a plus. Happy Birthday Alexandra! Hope your day is SUPER!

heather said...

yeah!! i love alex!! She's the best. Happy Birthday Alex! I hope your day is awesome! love your aunt hezzie.

T said...

Happy Birthday to such a sweet girl! You definitely are everything your mom said about you and MORE! You are turning into such a beautiful young little lady. Have a wonderful birthday celebration, we love you! The Myatt gang

Katie said...

Hey Sandra! What a darling girl! Just like her mamma! Happy Birthday Alex! Sandra, I finally got a blog going - katieshepherd.blogspot - Its addicting! Love Your blog! Katie

Portraits by Robin Lee said...

Dear Alex,
I hope you had a great Birthday. I miss you so much. I'll call you later today. xoxoxoxoxoxo I love you so much. Love, London

Happy Birthday Alex!!! We really did remember your big day yesterday. But once London got home from school we were so busy running around, we just totally forgot until this morning. AHH! So sorry! I'm sure you were busy having a fabulous day. I hope all is well. I can't believe you are 9! You are my sweet, beautiful niece and we love you so much. Love, Robin.

Topham Family said...

Happy Birthday Alex...your such a cutie!!

Mykee said...

Happy Birthday Al!!! I can't it has alrealy been a year since i came to surprise you for your birthday!!! I love you so much! And that will never change! I promise! And have fun at your birthday party!

ps. I personaly think that 2nd pic looks kinda like me. :)

Love, Your BIG sis ,
Mykee

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 9!

Alex is beautiful and all of those things you said about her are true.

She and Ethan will be so cute together! We need to re-introduce them when he gets home from his mission in 12 years. :)

Chelsea

Stephanie Cameron said...

Wowzers!! I remember that little girl in those photos. I have no idea how she got so big...but she has always been super special!

heidi larsen said...

she is a doll.