Sunday, December 7, 2008

Catch Up

I am a bit behind in blogging these days...but thought I would try to
blog some of what we have been up to the last month or so. Carter had his 20th high school reunion this past October in Arizona ( i know, he is old! ). We had a great time seeing our older kids, enjoying family, and attending his reunion. We had a great time and he enjoyed meeting up w/ old friends and I enjoyed meeting new ones. . I think my favorite part of the night was when we were headed over to the dessert bar and Carter recognized a girl he wanted to say hi to. Well, this girl had had a little too much to drink and so did her friend. Sooo, the friend grabs my arm and says "I know who he is...he is the singer..tell him to sing me that song"...I am like um no..he is not a singer. "YES, he is..tell him to sing me that song". Um, I have no idea what song you would like him to sing..and trust me I don't know if you want him to sing. ;) I am finding all this very comical and so not to be rude I turned my back toward the dessert bar so I could laugh w/out them seeing me. Then, the other girl grabs my arm and says" You can tell me the truth...is he that singer from Rascal Flats?? You can tell me I am a cop!" I burst out laughing saying NO he is not the singer from Rascal Flats, and are you really a cop?? (turns out she was). In hind sight I should have just said yes and offered them a photo opp and an autograph. :) Anyway, it was a fun night he had a great time and that's all that really matters. .
Here we are w/ the kids for Sunday lunch at Chelsea's..Bryton loving the cupcakes.He stuffed a whole one in his mouth for this pic

A pic from the reunion ..Carter w/ his friend Natascha who did a great job planning the event. The rest of the pics didn't turn out so good..so this is probably the best shot I got. Bummer.


Our date night w/ Mykee....we went to Some Burro's and the opening night of HSM 3. Oh ya.

Mykee and I were really excited about having dippin dots.mmmm good! Below we are trying to re-inact our faces when we realized we walked into the wrong theater .... we were scrambling to get out of there b/c it was a scarier movie... there was something loud and scary I of course jumped then screamed, forgetting that I am the mom and should be brave. ha. We were laughing so hard!!

5 comments:

Lesa said...

So do you think he looks like Racal Flats guy???? That is too funny. I can see it, a little.

Mary said...

That is hilarious about the drunk girl! Those are situations you wish you had a camera for! How funny.

Robin said...

Good times! Hey, tell Carter I like his haircut, he looks nice in the photo with the green shirt. I guess I might see him before you do. Hope you are surviving up there by yourself.

Topham Family said...

That is awesome...looks like fun!!!

Shannon and Andrew said...

Yeah I want to know if you think he looks like that guy? I could see it a little too. Anyway, looks like fun.