Monday, May 4, 2009

Snowbird

All Carter wanted for his birthday (back in February) was for the two of us to spend the day of snowboarding...um.... WISH GRANTED!!! I took him to Snowbird where we had a great time, laughed alot and spent hours on the slopes.
We hadn't been to Snowbird since the completion of the Tunnel that takes you to the other side of the Mountain, known as Mineral Basin. You enter the tunnel in Salt Lake County and end up in Utah County. It was awesome! If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it! We loved boarding the Mineral Basin side, we ended up staying on that side until it closed. :)


We then took the lift to the top of the mountain to board back down the other side and do a few more runs on the Snowbird side. We also found a kind fellow boarder to take this picture of us at the top...I LOVE the mountains in the background. Being up there is really breathtaking!!! You can see the entire valley, you can't help but stop and absorb it in.



After a full day on the slopes, we headed straight to Porcupine Grill to meet the Bodells for dinner. I forgot to take a pic of all of us together but here is one of Carter & I while we were waiting for them to meet us. We had a great meal and more importantly Carter had a great day!!! :)


7 comments:

Natalie said...

I love how even while you're snow boarding that you look so put together and beautiful... glad you had a fun day!

abbie higginson said...

First of all I have to second the previous comment. The whole time I was looking at the post I was thinking...what the crap, she has her hair curled?? And what a cool tunnel. How long did it take to get through there? And the picture of you two on the top of the mountains is so pretty.

Sandra said...

Puh-lease...you two are kind but my hair was a left-over hair do. :)It was Rebecca's bachelorette party the night before..I got home LATE and was up so early the next morning so same hair do...I just touched up a few of the curls and figured it would be good since I would be wind blown anyway. Don't think I was up early primping and curling before I hit the slopes...um no!

Topham Family said...

Looks like you had so much fun! That is awesome about the tunnel never heard of that before! :)

Roseanne said...

Sandra you look so cute always, even snowboarding! That tunnel looks pretty cool. I'm not into snowboarding, I face plant too much, but that little tunnel ride looks fun!

Katie said...

Sandra, you are such a hottie! You always look so gorgeous! What is the deal? why can't we seem to hook up???

Rasheta Family said...

that look so awesome. I will have to do it one day. Our trip was awesome. did a summary of it on my blog...