Sunday, May 13, 2007

My "Mother" Day

Kennedy has been waiting all week for "Mother" Day...i think at least once a day she would ask "When will it be mother day"? Carter took our little ladies out shopping earlier this week so she was pretty excited to give presents (as was i to recieve them).:) Anyway, the day was wonderful. Carter took over this morning trying to get everyone to church on time at 9am ...which seems to be a feat we never quite conquer. He made sure they cleaned up and that I had a relaxing day, however that doesn't always go as planned. I made the fatal mistake of asking Syd to tell Alex I needed some scissors. WHY??? I was feeling a little lazy and didn't want to walk all the way downstairs. I should know better...NEVER ask or even say "scissors" to the 2 almost 3 year old. Here's what happened.....
She went into the bathroom and climbed the shelves, unzipped Carter's haircutting pouch, took the scissors, cut her hair, brought them to me with hair in hand. I was in shock....I couldn't believe it had happened ...first thought through my head was "ahh her birthday is next week how am i going to do hair?"....for those of you who know me well I am big on hair do's :). My next...get the camera this is a classic!! She was a bit upset by my frantic state and started to cry when Carter told her she looked like a boy.


I must compliment her on her sense of style here in the cut.... a little jagged tapered bang...not bad!! She might take after her dad in cutting her own hair. :) Thanks for an eventful day Syd, I love you! Thanks Carter for being such a loving husband and making the day so special. Being a mom is the best thing in the whole world!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

*sniff!! Do you have the picture of when Bryton was about the same age and did the same thing to his hair???? Bryton once cut his eyelashes because people told him he looked like a girl w/ such beautiful eyelashes... ha ha... Syd and Bry have a lot in common!!

Sandra said...

I do have that pic it is too cute! I also remember vividly when Bryton cut his eyelashes in Kindergarten. It was when we used to have them every Wed night...we picked him up, got back to the house and that was the first thing I noticed. I asked him what happened and he said that kids told him he looked like a girl and so he cut them off. so sad, but cute..i share that story often. Looks like they do have a lot in common!! :)