
A belated birthday post to my hubby. We celebrated in Arizona with his family. In honor of his special day here are a few things that I love about him and that you may or may not know about him.
*He is very handy around the house. He finished our basement in our last home and has done numerous projects around our home. He is a whiz at figuring out how to put things together. This is a strength I admire because I do not have this ability. I have vision for what I want done and not the skills. He has the skills but not the vision so together we accomplish some great things!
*He has a great sense of humor and I love when he laughs at his own jokes or is truly laughing b/c it makes me laugh.
*He is very thoughtful and remembers the smallest things that I tend to forget. There is always great thought in every gift or card he has given me.
*He loves to scare me and the girls...this is an ongoing saga, mostly because we are easy to scare. He loves to hide and jump out when we are not expecting it.
*He has a great love for his family. He is very involved and loves to spend time and play games with our kids.
*Since High School he has always cut his own hair. His first time trying to cut it he used the clippers that were intended for their dog. Not so cute. He has had a few mishaps here and there but overall he does a great job!
*He L-O-V-E-S the Phoenix Suns and is partial to any Arizona team. He is a sports nut! My favorite thing about the Superbowl Party is watching him go crazy over good plays or bad calls. My brothers and dad were never that way so it is something new for me and my family to watch. I will never forget when the Diamondbacks won the World Series..oh boy, Carter was screaming and jumping all over the place and I think he scared my brothers. Dave still likes to bring it up.
*He was a really good skateboarder in high school. He built his own ramps and would catch some serious air! He can be seen in the audience of a professional skateboarding competition DVD called Duel @ Diablo in Tempe and we own a copy of course. :)
*He plays drums and guitar. He plays his guitar almost every night and it is fun to listen to him play. He has even written a couple of songs.
*He is a very determined and hard worker.
*He is very artistic, like his mom. He has some amazing drawings that he drew in High School and I see signs that Alex may have inherited some of his talent. I only wish he had time to still draw.
*In High School he contemplated having the mole on his face removed but a friend talked him out of it. I am so glad cuz it is one of my favorite characteristics about him.
*He has the LONGEST eyelashes...a set any girl would envy. Secretly I have always wanted to curl them and put mascara on just to see how pretty he would be. ;)
*Last, but not least he is my world! He compliments me in every way. We are a well-balanced team and would be lost without him. He has a deep love of God, the gospel and doing the right thing, this is one of the many things that first attracted me to him.
Happy Birthday babe, I hope it was all you wished for!
3 comments:
Carter-
Hey man, I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Sorry I'm such a slacker brother-in-law and didn't call you. Anyway, I agree with most of Sandra said about you, but I'd like to think that I go crazy too over good plays or bad calls. You're a good brother-in-law and thanks for taking good care of my sister.
That was sweet that you wrote all that about him. There were some things I didn't realize about him. We sure do miss you guys.
That is the sweetest post and I love that you are best friends with your hubby! The only way it should be.
Post a Comment