Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday


Can it be that my little baby is five?? This is both exciting and sad for me. I am so excited she is five and will be starting kindergarten, but my heart is breaking at the same time because my baby is not going to be a baby for much longer. She is growing up and no matter what I try to do to make it stop...it doesn't. I try to relish every moment of every day and try to internalize what her little hands feel like tucked up in mine because they are just going to get bigger as this year goes on. Oh how sweet her little baby teeth are. I love to brush her teeth and pray they stay in longer than her sisters' did because once they fall out, it's over...she will not look like a toddler anymore and it will feel official to me that I no longer have little babies.

Try as I may, I can't stop her from turning five so I thought I would share some of the things I love about her at this time.

~She is a cuddler..she loves to be held and to be treated like she is the baby. I don't think she wants us to forget.

~She has a tender heart and likes to make her parents happy.

~ She has a sassy side that is both cute and unappealing at the same time. She knows how to push my buttons when she wants too....

~She adores her older siblings. She wants to be just like her sisters and loves the attention that her brother gives her and looks forward to his visits.

~She is athletic...dance, sports, gymanstics you name it , it comes easy to her and has been fun to watch.

~She loves to dress up and play w/ her friends. She could play 24hours a day and be fine with it.

~She is very social and loves her family and friends.

We love you Syd!!





4 comments:

Topham Family said...

Oh my goodness she is a doll!!! Can't believe she is 5 already! Time just flies by...

Katie said...

Oh Sand, she is adorable! It is sad how fast they grow up! Don't worry though...It will only be a year or two before you get your set of twin boys!! J/K LOL!! Wouldn't that be hilarious though!

Hillarie said...

What a cute post and a cute little girl! I loved when you talked about trying to remember how small her hand feels in yours! I think of that all the time! I love those little tiny hands with the dimples on the knuckles!! Hope to see you this summer!

Mary said...

Love the Alice picture!!! I secretly would love to play Alice at Disneyland!!! How fun would that be?! I hope everything is going well for your cute family!