It is a 188 mile relay race from LOGAN to PARK CITY. Each team consists of 12 members. Each team provides two support vehicles (Van 1 & Van 2) each holding 6 team members. Each team member runs 3 Legs each ranging from 3-8 miles and varying in difficulty. Runners maintain the same order throughout the relay thus running every 12th leg. The relay runs at least 24 hours and doesn't stop for nightfall.
This is Van 1 Carter, Me, Jason, Robyn, Brittany and Jeff. This is who we spent over 29 hours with and boy was it ever fun!!!
We met up w/ the Pecks and Meilings to do some Carb loading at Mimi's Cafe and then we headed up to Logan to spend the night in order to make the 7:20 am start time on Friday. Brit was our first runner and started the race off w/ a bang!!
The first exchange, and glimpes of the first six legs we ran.......
Second Legs of the day Legs 13-18
Brit was a rockstar running up and down hills for 7 miles!!! Woot! Woot!
This is half way through our 3rd and final legs of the race. Brittany's leg began around 3:15 am..I have no pics b/c I asked if she wanted me to get out of the nice warm car to take some pics of her at the exchange and her response was "no pics"....who am i to argue? I snuggled up to the pillow and tried to get some shut eye in before I was to run.....mmmm but that really didn't happen. Here is Carter gearing up in all the reflective wear. His run began sometime in the 4 am hour (it is all now a blur) and he ran almost 8 miles up hill!!! I was sooo proud!!
The exchange...Robyn is handing off to Carter...my fave person in this pic though is Jason (off to the left) I am sure he is doing his chang "Go Carter, Go Carter , Go!" He really was the best cheerleader on the team!!
Before my run...it was nearing 6 am and I was thankful I didn't have to put on all the reflective gear.
This pic said it all....he's done!!!
My run down into Heber Valley....look how pretty!!! The runs were so picturesque.
Second to our Van's last exchange...we are almost done!!!
I think he was pretty happy.... :)
We all wait for our 12th runner to come close to crossing the finish line and we all run w/ him. It was seriously the best feeling!
We are glad we are done!!!
Our team..Perpetual Motion
Special thanks to my mom and dad who came up to see us finish in the pouring rain. It was so cold and wet but it made it all the more sweet to know they were there to see us finish!! Love you guys!
10 comments:
Dude, if you have a cancellation on your team next year... I so want to do this. I have for years but never have gotten enough people to form a team.
Are you doing the speedy spaniard? What's your pace? I might want to do it with you (if you do it) this year if I can get to the 8 mph mark? (isn't that what you said you ran?)
I'm so glad you posted all those pictures. I never get the full effect of the race from Zach, he's not into picture taking like us girls :)
Good job you guys! That's so awesome! Zach's trying to convince me to do it next year with our neighborhood, but I'm a little nervous about it. You guys are AMAZING!
WaHOOO! Great job! I love that last photo of you guys, you both look so darn cute! What a fun adventure. I am just really impressed that you convinced Carter to run it with you. Way to go Carter! Great job with the photos, I really felt like I was there with you guys, so I guess that means I don't ever have to run it myself.
That really is cool, my Dad just ran the Ragnar down here a few months ago. He says he's doing it for sure next year. Apparently it's addicting.
That's stinking awesome! Maybe I can talk Steve in to picking up running with me (after baby) and someday we'll be able to do something this amazing together. I'm so proud of you guys!
That is awesome!! I want to do this!! I didn't know about it till this past week when a couple different of my friends blogged about it. Yours was the best! :) Congrats.
Loved the pics Sandra! It looked like such an awesome experience. I think I'd love to do something like this with Brian and a fun team of people - very cool and way to go Carter for doing THIS as his first race, holy cow he rocked it!
wow!!! ur seriously awesome!!! i am trying to talk friends into doing it next year... the "no sleep" is the big turn off for everyone. How fun for you and Carter to do together. i love it. Hey you should go to aerobics. Susie and I go to the same class. Its fun!!!
W O W! I am speachless.
That is so much fun. I did essentially the same thing a couple of years ago in Oregon. I don't think I slept for 36 hours or more! Good for you, it's tough.
Could you be anymore amazing?
That was awesome! I'm so glad you did it and that it was fun:)
Love you!
Post a Comment