The first weekend in January Alex had the opportunity to be baptized. I could hardly believe the day had finally arrived. It seemed as if it were yesterday that I had her as an infant in my arms. I remember thinking what a precious and valiant spirit she was and could hardly believe that I was chosen to be her mother. Now that she is eight she is turning into such a beautiful young lady. She radiated with beauty as she entered the waters of baptism. She was baptized and confirmed by her dad. It was an emotional day for me. I was reflecting on my own baptism and all the blessings and joy I have experience due to that one decision; and realizing that my little girl is growing up and growing up in a blink of an eye. She is such a good girl..obedient, kind, respectful, smart, responsible..I couldn't ask for more. Maybe that's why I get so emotional thinking that she will not be my little girl forever. I want to enjoy every little moment I have with her because I am finding that time passes faster with every year that goes by.
The baptism program was presented by the stake with a talk about baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost and taking on the Savior's name as we do our own. After the confirmation Grandpa Larry gave a talk on the Fourth Article of Faith which is "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost" and he explained to Alex that these are the steps we take when we decide to commit to living a Christ-like life. Mykee & Alex then sang the song "When I am Baptized", Carter bore his testimony and then Mykee sang "I Know My Father Lives". It was a day that I will always treasure. Thank you to all our family and friends that traveled out that snowy day to take part in a milestone she will always remember. We love you!
5 comments:
I can't believe Alex is 8. I remember taking pictures of her and singing primary songs to make her smile. They grow up way to fast. We are going to miss you on the cruise. Maybe next year we can plan something fun.
I didn't know Mykee sang! I'll have to ask her about. The family looks great :) I'm so thankful that Bryton and Mykee could be a part of such a special day.
I'm so sorry that I missed such a great day. Alex looked so cute the dress was perfect. I must say that i got a little teary eyed reading your post. see ya soon.
Congrats Alex!!! We are so proud of you. We knew the baptism was coming up this month, but we weren't sure exactly when. It sounds like it was a very special day for everyone. We all wish that we could have been there. We hope to hear more about it. We love you guys and we miss you all like crazy! Love, Robin, Clayton, London and Hudson (and baby girl to be!)
Time flies! Alex is sure beautiful. I too was getting teary reading your post, it's hard to see our kids growing up so fast, but yet, we are so proud of them! Her dress is gorgeous! Your family looks picture perfect, all color coordinated and everything! :)
Post a Comment