Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mad Hatter Tea Party

This year was the first year Syd actually had a friend birthday party. I always let the girls choose their theme and this year Syd decided she wanted a Alice in Wonderland party...hmmm....so this is what I came up with.
The Invite..... The guest of honor....

The decor..... (we had the Unbirthday song, Painting the Roses Red, and Golden Afternoon constantly playing in the background)

The goodies....

Some of her guests....

The presents....



The cutest little Alice I have ever seen.....

Her cute little friends kept saying "She looks like the real Alice" , so she went by the name Alice for the day. She would curtsy and say "How do you do?". She loved being Alice and loved having all her friends over to celebrate her birthday!

Of course she wanted to be Alice again at her birthday celebration at Gramee & Papa's. She took a moment to let me take some pics and pose w/ the cat. (just like Alice and her cat Dinah)


I sure love this girl...my own little Alice!

15 comments:

Steve said...

That is awesome. I wish I could have been there to see Syd in her Alice get-up.

BrookeLynn said...

She is so dang cute. You are so creative. You did a really good job at putting everything together, you are awesome.

Diana said...

That is so fun! Where did you get all the Alice in Wonderland stuff?! What a fun thing for your little angel.

Alli said...

She is a perfect Alice! What a fun idea. Ok I am thinking Thurs. 12th does that work for you? Evenings are usually best right before sunset. We have stuff planned with family almost every other night. Hope that works, let me know.

The Five Reids said...

What a sweet Alice. We better make sure Carson and Syd stay good friends, so they will have a good friend to date. xoxo

jenae nae said...

so cute sandra- your girls are just beautiful- what a cute idea! We are moving to utah in august- finally we will be back after 10 years!!!

Lesa said...

I love it! Syd reminds me so much of you!Your little clone. What a party, you always were good at that kind of stuff:)She is adorable!

abbie higginson said...

HOW CUTE! You are right up my alley with the big birthday party theme. I love it when the parents say, "oh my gosh! a bit over the top don't you think?" I just smile and know that my job is done. :)

Ashley said...

This was the cutest birthday party I have ever seen. Syd looks exactly like Alice I love it!

jessicalangprice said...

She's SO DARLING!! I want to come take pictures of her too! I love the ones with the cat. You are such a fun mom!!

Sandra said...

Diana - I found the invites on ebay..the rest was up to me to figure out. :)

Kara said...

That is just the cutest thing ever. Man, I wish I knew how your little mind works. It's amazing!

Natalie said...

what a party! Looks like she had the greatest time...what a great mom you are! i love the last picture!!

Shannon and Andrew said...

Amazing but I am not surprised. I love getting ideas from you. You are so creative. Syd is a doll. Where did you get her outfit??

Sandra said...

Shannon - I bought the outfit when we were in Disneyland, thinking she could be Alice for Halloween...little did I know. :)