Carter laid her on the bed and tried to see if he could grab it w/ the tweezers. No luck. We couldn't even see it. Off we went to the Urgent Care in our Sunday best. We filled out the paper work, and then told that they do not have the equipment needed to extract the object. By this time she had sneezed about 35 times and her eyes were constantly watering. We then headed to the ER, waited about 25 min and then we were able to see the doctor. He looked up her nose w/ his light and saw the stopper. He had me look too...I couldn't believe that she really stuffed it! OW! Poor thing. He grabbed 3 other men to help hold her down while they used this needle-like tool w/ a small ballon that inflated to enlarge the area in the nostril and pop the object out! Done in 30 seconds! What a relief!! Carter congratulated Syd on being the first girl we have taken to the Emergency Room! Needless to say we did not make Stake Conference today. Syd now "nose" better than to stuff things up her cute little nose!! :)
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Syd "NOSE" Better
My Sunday started out completely routine. We had Stake Conference today so Carter left at 7:30 this morning to attend the Priesthood session. I slept in a bit and then decided to get up and start to get ready so that we could make the 10:00 session. One by one the girls woke up. I was helping them get ready when Carter came home from his session and started to make breakfast. I sent the girls downstairs for breakfast as soon as I had finished doing their hair. We were on schedule to make it back to the church about 15 min early..which meant we were going to get soft seats!! I was upstairs finishing my make-up and hair. Alex delivered my breakfast to me so I could try to eat and get ready at the same time to keep the schedule. Suddenly Carter rushed up stairs to our bathroom with Syd in his arms and she is whimpering. He set her on the counter and quickly opens the drawer and grabs tweezers...I asked what happened?? He said Syd had taken off one of the soft squishy door stoppers on our cabinet doors and stuffed one up her nose. Up her nose???? WHAT? Syd had never attempted to stuff anything in places they don't go, so I was bewildered.

Carter laid her on the bed and tried to see if he could grab it w/ the tweezers. No luck. We couldn't even see it. Off we went to the Urgent Care in our Sunday best. We filled out the paper work, and then told that they do not have the equipment needed to extract the object. By this time she had sneezed about 35 times and her eyes were constantly watering. We then headed to the ER, waited about 25 min and then we were able to see the doctor. He looked up her nose w/ his light and saw the stopper. He had me look too...I couldn't believe that she really stuffed it! OW! Poor thing. He grabbed 3 other men to help hold her down while they used this needle-like tool w/ a small ballon that inflated to enlarge the area in the nostril and pop the object out! Done in 30 seconds! What a relief!! Carter congratulated Syd on being the first girl we have taken to the Emergency Room! Needless to say we did not make Stake Conference today. Syd now "nose" better than to stuff things up her cute little nose!! :)
Carter laid her on the bed and tried to see if he could grab it w/ the tweezers. No luck. We couldn't even see it. Off we went to the Urgent Care in our Sunday best. We filled out the paper work, and then told that they do not have the equipment needed to extract the object. By this time she had sneezed about 35 times and her eyes were constantly watering. We then headed to the ER, waited about 25 min and then we were able to see the doctor. He looked up her nose w/ his light and saw the stopper. He had me look too...I couldn't believe that she really stuffed it! OW! Poor thing. He grabbed 3 other men to help hold her down while they used this needle-like tool w/ a small ballon that inflated to enlarge the area in the nostril and pop the object out! Done in 30 seconds! What a relief!! Carter congratulated Syd on being the first girl we have taken to the Emergency Room! Needless to say we did not make Stake Conference today. Syd now "nose" better than to stuff things up her cute little nose!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh no!!! I can't believe she did that. We have't had any nose stuffings yet, but I should probably knock on wood knowing Olivia! Those kinds of things are always so scary. I'm glad the Doctor got it out.
Chelsea
syd! wow, that's quite a story! I like your new layout! very good very good...
Very creative Sydney! I'm glad you guys got it out, YUCK! Anyways, Sandra I love the new cute Background!!! I'm so jealous, I really need some fun swirls on my blog, your gonna have to help me. Let me know what I need to do.
-Robin
Crazy! My nephew has had that kind of thing happen. He actually got some tissue in his ear that festered for days, and the doctor had to pull it out and it was moldy and stinky! ewww
Anissa
Oh man--my niece stuffed a pea up her nose once and had to go to the ER too!! Oh gees I could see Cole doing that. I better not give him any ideas! Doesn't stuff like that always happen when you're feeling on top of your game too?! It pulls the rugs right back out from under you!
Max had an up the nose issue when we lived in Draper and of course it was on a Sunday too. I spotted something bright blue in his nose (a bead from Grandma Diana's house the day before) so I called the urgent care clinic to ask them if I should bring him in or if it could wait. They said I should bring him in because it could get sucked up higher and they would use special "forceps" to remove it. I asked, "by forceps, do you mean tweezers?" and the guy seemed offended by that. But I figured I'd give it a go by myself and save the $50 co-pay. Fortunately I was able to get it out. Why would you stuff something up your nose? I'm waiting for Isaac to do it, I've seen him start to stick something up there and stopped in just in time.
Post a Comment